Pregnancy & Birth Doula
Pregnancy is a magical time of many mixed emotions and every mother/family will have their own experience. If you are after information on how to support a healthy, connected and educated pregnancy than ‘A Woman’s Wellness’ is for you. Our website and specialists can support you with Pilates, Yoga, Birth Preparations, Meditation, Nutrition and more… because every women deserves an EMPOWERED PREGNANCY & BIRTH.
A Doula… Empowers, Educates, Nurtures, Listens, Respects, Supports, Advocates
As a Birth Doula
I accompany women during the birth of their baby offering supportfor a safe and satisfying birth experience. I draw upon my childbirth and pregnancy knowledge and experience to provide emotional support, physical comfort and clear information to women and their partners.
I can provide reassurance and perspective to you and your partner, make suggestions for labour progress, and help with relaxation, massage, positioning and other techniques for comfort.
As a Doula, I do not perform clinical tasks, such as blood pressures, fetalassessments, vaginal exams etc. I am present to provide for your physical comfort,emotional support and advocacy.
In addition to having a medical care provider it’s essential that you also have someone holding space for you and acknowledging your unique personal transformation to becoming a mother.
My role is to help you have a satisfying birth as you define it. The more we explorethis in advance, the better I will be able to fulfil this role.
I support ALL births
At a hospital, homebirth, birth centre, for a VBAC, Naturalbirth, Induction or a positive Caesarean Section Birth.
PACKAGE 1: Pre & Post- Natal Support and Birth Preparation & Labour/Birth:
- 2 x 1.5 hour meetings pre-natal (get to know each-other, birth plan & wishes, birth preparations, counselling, meditation/ visualisations)
- On call 24 hours 2 weeks before and 2 weeks prior due date.
- There to support, empower and nurture you during your birth.
- 1 x 2 hour post-natal visit (birth de-brief, mothers care, new-born support).
- Further meetings, pre and post-natal Yoga & Pilates Sessions, and ‘Positive Birthing Workshop’ services also available. Additional costs.
- Your Investment: $950
PACKAGE 2: Pre & Post- Natal Support and Birth Preparation Only:
- 2 x 1.5 hour Prenatal visits (I also like your birth partner to be part of these as my education is much about how they can support YOU)
- 2-3 hour pre-labour home support- I can also help you set up at hospital/ birth centre/ home.
- 1 x 2 hour post-natal visit (birth de-brief, mother care, baby support).
- Your Investment: $680
PACKAGE 3: Positive Birthing Education Course:
This Course will offer you an abundance of techniques to help prepare you (and your support partner) for a positive birth experience. The Course will include a focus on the following areas:
- Breathing, Meditation and Massage
- Exercises & movement safe for pregnancy & will prepare you for birth.
- Stages of labour
- Positions for labour
- Your partner’s role & how they can prepare & support
- Your emotional & mental state – letting go of Fear & Stress
- Birth plan & packing for your birth
- How to handle Intervention
- Supporting a Positive Caesarean Section
- Post-natal Care
- A list of recourses to support you throughout pregnancy and birth.
- 2 x 1 hour consultations with Tenille (Birth Doula, Yoga & Pilates teacher, mother of 3) – via Zoom or face-to- face
- Access to Pregnancy & birthing Specific Workouts, Exercises and Meditations
- Complete the Course in your own time, at your own pace.
- Course best completed any time between 25-35 weeks.
Your Investment: $280.00
For more information contact Tenille- email@example.com / 0423841155
To assist you and your growing baby in having a healthy and happy pregnancy I would seek specialists in:
- Hypnotherapy or Calm Birth Course
Remember Pregnancy is a time to Nurture and Embrace! So whilst you want to look after you and your growing babies know you can use this time to also embrace in some amazing pregnancy exercises and techniques which in turn will assist your labor.
Check out our Pregnancy DVD collection for a safe, nurturing and uplifting Yoga and Pilates Fusion Practice.
“Giving Birth can be the most empowering experience of a lifetime- an initiation into a new dimension of mind-body awareness.” ~ Ina May Gaskin.
“Thank you Tenille. We couldn’t have done it without you. You are an incredible Doula. I am so lucky to have met you. You were there for us all the way and that’s what makes it so special. I felt really supported.” ~ Fernanda, Sam & Baby Luah.
“I was lucky enough to have Tenille as my Doula, she immediately made me feel emotionally safe and listened to on our first meeting. Due to Covid-19 I was unable to have her at my birth however the pre-brith visit she had with my partner and I was great and there were 2 tips she gave us that were critical to my successful positive birth, she showed my partner a massage technique on the hips which offered more pain relief than the gas and she also suggested nipple stimulation as a way to create oxytocin and help bring on contractions. after 4 hours of trying everything we tried the nipple stimulation and it worked within minutes. I was so relieved to not have the dreaded drip. without Tenille’s words of wisdom and knowledge my birth would have been completely different. I would recommend her to anyone wishing for a more supposed and positive birth experience.” ~ Amber, Tatum & Baby Koa
“Choosing my birth team meant a lot to me, to have women around that were clear, strong, soft and present… I could not have been gifted with a more confident goddess Doula to help hold the space I needed while I unleashed and birthed our incredible Baby Boy. And not only did she support me but all involved. I will Thank you for a lifetime Tenille.” ~ Ellie, Carlos & Baby Sol
What others are saying
“This Course helped me to prepare mentally and physically for the birth of my second child. I so appreciate Tenille’s holistic approach to women’s health, willingness to share from her wealth of knowledge and personal experience and her calm presence. Her valuable information helped me to get in the right frame of mind for birth. I would highly recommend this Course.”
“Thank you Tenille. We couldn’t have done it without you. You are an incredible Doula and teacher.”