I am always surprised when I hear people say that don’t eat breakfast or how they jump straight out of bed and head to work… I thought this was old school. Surely we all know by now that the way we start our day will affect our mood, feelings and energy levels for the rest of the day ahead.
I have clients all the time love the tips and ideas I give them to start their day off right whether it’s for their digestive health, an injury or just to emotionally feel better.
I have listed 10 (I could probably list more) ways to help kick start your day in a healthy and positive way.
- Start your day with a Smile. It’s amazing how much happier it will actually make you feel for your whole day ahead.
- Kick start your metabolism with a fresh warm lemon tea (make sure it’s not too hot and not too cold). Best 30minutes before you eat something
- Or even better make yourself a ginger , turmeric and lemon tea (see recipe below).
- These 3 super ingredients are great for your health… great for stomach performance, blood circulation, nausea and menstrual discomfort, inflammation, digestion, preventing colds and flu. All of this from one tea.
- Eat a wholesome Breakfast. (no this is not a coffee or cereal from a packet).
- Before you even hop out of bed just lie there and take 10 deep mindful breathes. Expand in to your belly, ribs and chest. Slow the breath down. Feel and imagine the breath as it draws in and out of your body.
- Enjoy a few light stretches or mobility exercises like Yoga or Pilates.
- If you have kids set your alarm to wake up before them so you can do something for you first. Even if it’s just 10 minutes of breathing or a light stretch or a tea in silence.
- Read your quote or vision board for inspiration.
- Don’t mourn on yesterday. Just reflect and work out how you can change it and make it better. Treat each day as a brand new day with new challenges and highlights.
I don’t expect anyone to do or be able to possible do all these 10 things but trying to do 1 or 2 each morning will make a positive affect in your life.
RECIPE: Ginger, Turmeric and Lemon Tea
- you could make it fresh each morning or my favourite way is to prep a batch of it and freeze it. Here’s how to do it:
- grate about 4-5cm on ginger, grate about 4-5cm of turmeric and juice about 2 lemons (try to keep some of the inner flesh).
- combine them all together with a bit of water.
- Pour the mix in to an ice container. Filling every cube. Put in the freezer
- When you are ready to enjoy your tea pop a cube of prepare tea mix in to a cup and add hot or boiling water. Let sit for 3-5minutes.
- Enjoy this fresh, spicy tea filled with goodness!